VCAT conducted a customer satisfaction survey during September 2017 and will use the results to improve our services.
The inaugural survey took place from 7-9 September 2016. We published the results and proposed actions and communicated these directly to key stakeholders.
The second survey was conducted from 6-9 June 2017.
VCAT achieved an overall customer satisfaction rate of 85 per cent.
The satisfaction rates for the 16 key survey questions are as follows:
- Website was easy to understand – 78 per cent
- Website was easy to use – 80 per cent
- Clarity of forms – 76 per cent
- Clarity of correspondence – 82 per cent
- Ease of finding VCAT and the hearing room or office – 93 per cent
- Felt safe at VCAT – 90 per cent
- Ability to physically access the services – 94 per cent
- Language needs addressed – 80 per cent
- Knowledge and helpfulness of staff – 93 per cent
- Courtesy and respect of staff and members – 94 per cent
- Timeliness to complete VCAT business – 72 per cent
- Convenience of operating hours – 84 per cent
- Fairness of way in which case was handled – 82 per cent
- Members listened to parties before making a decision – 87 per cent
- Equal treatment in hearings – 87 per cent
- Knowledge of next steps – 81 per cent.
In response to our customer feedback, we intend to focus our service improvements in four key areas:
- Accessibility of information
- Efficiency of VCAT processes
- Improving language support
- Working closely with external service providers on their information provision about VCAT
The survey is conducted annually and the results are reported in our annual report.