Customer support at VCAT

We offer a range of support services to ensure all Victorians can access fair and efficient dispute resolution at VCAT.

Skip down to:

Accessibility services

Most VCAT venues are accessible for people with mobility disabilities. If you have particular access requirements please contact us to confirm availability.

Support for people with hearing impairment

We are able to set up an assistive listening device or hearing loop at some of our hearing The time and place at which VCAT hears the parties argue their case and makes a decision. rooms.

Use the application to use technology form as early as possible or contact us so we can arrange for it to be available at your hearing.

Video and telephone links

If you are unable to physically attend a hearing, we may be able to arrange for you to access a hearing through a range of technology options, such as via video or telephone.

if you cannot attend a hearing in person, apply to use technology options as soon as possible

Other accessibility support needs

Tell us if you need accessibility arrangements made for your hearing. You should contact us as soon as we tell you your hearing date and time.

Interpreting services

If you need an interpreter at VCAT please contact us and we will arrange one at no cost to you.

If you believe that a party A person or organisation directly involved in a VCAT case, including a person or organisation that has brought the case before VCAT or who is defending claims made against them. may need an interpreter please let us know so that we may contact the person and arrange an interpreter if they need one.

We do not usually allow a relative or friend to act as an interpreter at a hearing.

Telephone interpreting service

You can access telephone interpreting services by contacting the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.

Family violence support

If you are aware of a family violence issue, call a VCAT family violence support worker on 03 9628 9856 during business hours only. They will work with both parties to ensure safety and equal access to justice. Find out more about family violence support services at VCAT.

Koori support

If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait islander you may be able to access legal advice through the Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service (VALS).

Legal services

VCAT cannot give you legal advice. Seek legal help if you are unsure about your options.

At VCAT's main building at 55 King Street in Melbourne, Victoria Legal Aid runs a free duty lawyer service. Find out about other free, low-cost and paid legal services you can use to help you with your matter.

You can also seek help from a private lawyer.

Non-legal support

Court Network

Court Network is a free and independent service that offers support, information and referral services to people at VCAT and the courts.

It does not provide legal advice.

The Court Network Office at VCAT is on Level 5 at 55 King Street, Melbourne. Volunteers are available from 9 am, on Monday to Friday.

Court Network also runs a toll-free state-wide telephone service, callĀ 1800 681 614.

Why we offer these services

We offer these services as part of our commitment to providing you with a high quality service. Learn more about our service commitment.