Call a VCAT family violence support worker on 03 9628 9856 during business hours only.
How a family violence support worker can help
Our family violence support worker can:
- give you information about VCAT applications and processes
- provide referrals to legal representatives for free legal advice and advocacy
- support you through the application process and coordinate the hearing to ensure your safety
- provide non-legal information about tenancy options
- assess safety risks, develop temporary safety plans and make referrals for long-term family violence support.
If your case goes to a hearing, a family violence support worker will work with you to ensure your safety at VCAT. They can attend the hearing with you for support but they must not speak for you or influence the decision.
If you are concerned that a person named in your application may be a security risk at the hearing or you want to appear at the hearing from another place (known as a 'remote witness facility') for security reasons, complete the Security request form and submit it to us with your application.
Tell us if you are aware of a family violence issue
If you are aware of a family violence issue, tell the family violence support worker. They will work with the protected person to ensure safety at the hearing and access to justice.
Family Violence Response
Outside business hours, call Family Violence Response 1800 015 188 – available any time of the night or day, 24/7.
Alternatively, see the safe steps Family Violence Response Centre.
Changing your tenancy agreement due to an intervention order
If you are affected by an intervention order, you can apply to us to change a residential tenancy agreement or decide who pays for property damage. See our Renting and intervention orders guide.