Residential Tenancies Forum - Melbourne CBD: Possession Applications
12 July 2016 Add to calendar (iCal)
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
This event from 10 am to 1 pm is free to attend, but you must register as places are limited. Register now
Due to high demand, there is a limit of two places for each estate agency. Extra attendees from the same agency will be placed on a waiting list .
This introductory session will explain how landlords apply to VCAT to regain possession of a rental property.
Experienced VCAT members who hear residential tenancy matters will present the forum.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions after the presentation, which will cover:
- presenting and defending your case
- formal requirements under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 for possession applications, including: rent arrears, change of use of rented premises (60-day notices), no reason, end of fixed term tenancy
- types of orders in possession matters, including the use of VCAT’s discretion
- challenges to notices to vacate
- tenants’ notice of intention to vacate in a periodic or fixed term tenancy, and abandonment.