Environment and resources
The Environment and Resources List forms part of the Planning and Environment Division. We review decisions made by government organisations about the use and development of natural resources such as water, rock, gravel, or sand, or decisions about activities or developments that can affect the environment.
The matters we hear in the Environment and Resources List fall under the following environment and resource management enactments:
- Catchment and Land Protection Act 1994
- Climate Change Act 2017
- Conservation, Forests and Lands Act 1987
- Environment Protection Act 1970
- Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988
- Melbourne Strategic Assessment (Environment Mitigation Levy) Act 2020
- Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act 1990
- Petroleum Act 1998
- Plant Biosecurity Act 2010
- Water Act 1989
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, you can still apply but we have stopped scheduling physical hearings at this time. Find out more about what we're doing to help resolve Environment and Resources cases.