Apply for an enforcement order under environment and resources enactments

VCAT has the power to make orders enforcing a Forestry and Carbon Management Agreement under the Climate Change Act 2017.

If the matter is about breaches or potential breaches of a land use agreement under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010, find out how to apply for an enforcement order under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010.

If you are seeking a review of orders or notices under the Catchment and Land Protection Act 1994 or the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988, learn how to make another type of environment and resources application.

Do I need a lawyer or professional representative?

You may have a legal or other professional representation to appear at VCAT (such as a lawyer, town planner, relative, or some other person). In Planning and Environment cases you do not need to have VCAT's permission to be represented.

Find legal services that may be able to assist you.

Need help with your application?

We can explain the application process and what the form is asking you for. Contact us to get support.

We cannot give you legal advice. This means we cannot tell you what to write in your application or recommend how to get the outcome you want.

Seek legal help if you are unsure about your options or need advice about your claim.

Access and privacy

VCAT hearings and files are usually public.

VCAT has limited authority to restrict who can access cases and files but, in certain circumstances, you can apply for confidentiality.

Legislation that applies to this type of case