Changes to a plan of subdivision

If you want VCAT to make an order about changing a plan of subdivision you can make an application to VCAT under the Subdivision Act 1988 Part 5.

Under the Act you can apply for VCAT to make orders requiring an owners corporation to amend or alter a plan of subdivision. You can also apply for an order stating that VCAT consents to the change of a plan of subdivision on behalf of non-consenting members of an owners corporation.

Time limits

Time limits apply. Check specific time limits.

Do I need a lawyer or professional representative?

You do not need to have legal or other professional representation to appear at VCAT. If you wish to be represented by a lawyer or a professional advocate, usually you must ask for VCAT's permission. If you are represented by a lawyer, we will only communicate with them about your application.

Find legal services that may be able to assist you.

Need help with your application?

We can explain the application process and what the form is asking you for. Contact us to get support.

We cannot give you legal advice. This means we cannot tell you what to write in your application or recommend how to get the outcome you want.

Seek legal help if you are unsure about your options or need advice about your claim.

Access and privacy

VCAT hearings and files are usually public.

VCAT has limited authority to restrict who can access cases and files but, in certain circumstances, you can apply for confidentiality.

Legislation that applies to this type of case