Online tool to help tenants and landlords at VCAT

Posted on 17 Nov 2015

Tenants and landlords can now use an online system - the VCAT Residential Tenancies Hub – to apply to VCAT.

The hub gives Victorian tenants and landlords the same access that estate agents and Director of Housing representatives had using VCAT Online, which has been renamed. 

Existing VCAT Online logins work in the hub, so current users do not need to do anything different.

Tenants and landlords can use the VCAT Residential Tenancies Hub to:

  • create notices
    For example, to give notice that you require repairs or are ending the tenancyDefinitionThe agreement between a landlord and a tenant for the rental of a property.
  • apply to VCAT
    You can create and lodge most residential tenancies applications through the hub
  • pay related fees
    You can use a credit card to pay any fees that apply – or if you are an estate agent, you can set up a direct debit
  • search for previous notices and applications
    An extensive search facility enables you to view and print your previous notice or application, related VCAT hearingDefinitionThe time and place at which VCAT hears the parties argue their case and makes a decision. notices and orders.

You only need one hub account, even if you are a tenant who moves house, a landlord of multiple properties or an estate agent with several offices.

For more information, see our VCAT Residential Tenancies Hub page.