Posted on 08 Nov 2016
The VCAT Annual Report 2015-16 is now available after it was tabled in Victoria’s Parliament today.
The annual report details progress during 2015-16 against VCAT’s Building a Better VCAT: Strategic Plan 2014-17.
During the year, we:
- developed and began implementing our customer service improvement program, including piloting a concierge service at our main hearing venue
- successfully implemented our new Powers of Attorney jurisdiction, which commenced in September 2015
- delivered better access through technology, including providing nine online forms and enabling tenants and private landlords to use our online residential tenancies system
- improved our efficiency by rolling out a new standard operating environment for our computers, making it easier to deliver our services at regional locations
- established a Diversity Committee and began implementing a plan that will deliver greater awareness and key accessibility initiatives for our diverse community, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- as part of our website redevelopment, completed a plain language review and rewrite of our online content, removing legalese and making it easier for people to understand our information
- supported the development of evidence-based fee options for the Victorian Government to consider, and prepared to implement the new fee regulations on 1 July 2016
- improved the integrity of our data and how we measure our performance, to provide more accountability to our stakeholders and the Victorian community.
See the VCAT Annual Report 2015-16