Posted on 21 Nov 2017
The VCAT Annual Report 2016-17 is now available after it was tabled in Victoria’s Parliament on 30 November 2017.
This annual report details progress against VCAT’s Building a Better VCAT Strategic Plan 2014-17. It includes results from our Customer Survey 2017, which showed an 85 per cent customer satisfaction rate with VCAT services.
- Improved access for tenants and residents, who lodged 27 per cent more residential tenancies applications this year
- Strong growth in civil claims, up 29 per cent overall, and in planning and environment major cases (130 per cent increase)
- Successfully implemented and monitored the Victorian Government’s new fee structure for VCAT from 1 July 2016
- Secured funding and initiated a new digital strategy to enhance online services and improve efficiency
- Launched a new award-winning website to better meet users’ online information needs and improve access to VCAT’s other online services
- Conducted customer surveys, which showed 85 per cent satisfaction with VCAT services, as part of our multi-year Customer Service Improvement Program
- Conducted comprehensive research into Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander experiences at VCAT to inform our Koori Inclusion Action Plan 2018-22
- Consulted extensively with stakeholders to develop our Accessibility Action Plan, a first for Court Services Victoria
- Established a partnership with Justice Connect to develop a support model for people who represent themselves at VCAT.