Posted on 19 Dec 2018
The VCAT Annual Report 2017-18 tabled in the Victorian Parliament on 19 December 2018 and is now available.
Highlights of the year included:
- improved access to mediation for Victorians with small civil disputes, in partnership with the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria
- the design of a pilot for online dispute resolution, in partnership with the Department of Justice and Regulation
- launch of an online platform– the Guardianship Hub – for hospitals and social workers to make guardianship applications
- moving all VCAT services to a single phone number and unified our customer service teams, key milestones of our Customer Service Improvement Program
- establishment of an independent Risk Management and Audit Committee, part of a new governance structure to oversee progress against our new strategic plan
- launch of a new strategic plan, accessibility action plan and stakeholder engagement framework to guide our activities from 2018-2022.