2016 customer survey results
VCAT conducted a customer satisfaction survey during September 2016 and will use the results to improve our services.
The survey took place on Wednesday 7 September 2016 at 16 venues and at a further six metropolitan and regional venues on 8 and 9 September 2016.
VCAT achieved an overall customer satisfaction rate of 85 per cent based on 491 responses.
The satisfaction rates for the 15 key survey questions are as follows:
- Ease of finding and understanding information on the website – 73.6 per cent
- Clarity of forms – 78.2 per cent
- Clarity of correspondence and documents – 79.2 per cent
- Ease of finding VCAT and the hearing room or office – 87.1 per cent
- Felt safe at VCAT – 90.3 per cent
- Ability to physically access the services – 90.9 per cent
- Language needs addressed – 82.0 per cent
- Knowledge and helpfulness of staff – 91.2 per cent
- Courtesy and respect of staff and members – 93.6 per cent
- Timeliness to complete VCAT business – 75.7 per cent
- Convenience of operating hours – 84.0 per cent
- Fairness of way in which case was handled – 86.3 per cent
- Member listened to parties before making a decision – 90.7 per cent
- Equal treatment in hearings – 88.8 per cent
- Knowledge of next steps – 86.3 per cent.
In response to our customer feedback, we intend to focus our service improvements in four key areas:
- Accessibility of information
- Efficiency of VCAT processes
- Improving language support
- Vulnerable and disadvantaged customers.
The survey will be conducted annually and the results will be reported in our annual report.
- Title 2016 customer survey results
ListBuilding and Property ListGuardianship ListLegal Practice ListCivil Claims ListHuman Rights ListPlanning and Environment ListOwners Corporations ListResidential Tenancies ListReview and Regulation List