Go to all resources

Application form in the Civil Claims List

If you would like VCAT to deal with a dispute about buying or selling goods or services, apply using either the online or PDF form.

If your dispute is about building work, go to our Building and Construction section for the correct form.

We can help with:

  • Faulty or poor quality products or services
  • Repairs, refunds, returns or exchanges
  • Breach of contract
  • Unpaid money
  • Unfair contracts
  • Misleading conduct
  • Other breaches of Australian Consumer Law
  • Loans, franchises and leasing agreements
  • Uncollected vehicles or goods
  • Claims against professionals

We can't help with:

  • Disputes between neighbours about fences
  • Disputes between employers and employees
  • Car accidents
  • Some international travel matters, such as loss of luggage
  • Disputes already decided by a court or tribunal
  • Companies that are deregistered or in liquidation
  • Disputes with no connection to Victoria