Go to all resources

Application to Building and Property List (Building)

Use this application form if you want VCAT to hear a dispute about building work. We hear disputes between owners, builders, sub-contractors, architects, insurers and other building practitioners.

Complete separate applications if your dispute involves more than one contract between an owner and builder or involves properties with different owners.

Attach a Current Company Extract

If one of the other parties you have a dispute with is a company, you need a Current Company Extract showing the company's name, status and registered address. Without this information VCAT cannot process your application. You must buy the Current Company Extract through Australian Securities & Investments Commission's website ASIC Connect

The free summary information page from the ASIC website does not contain the necessary information and VCAT cannot accept it.