Review and Regulation fees
You do not pay GST on these fees, which are effective 1 July 2018.
Fees do not apply for the following matters:
- FOI matters where the agency has failed to make a decision
- FOI matters where document relates to your personal affairs
- review a decision of a community-based child and family service to record information about a child or parent
- review a decision contained in a case plan in regards to a child
- review a decision of the Secretary to revoke, refuse to renew or refuse to register a disability services provider
- review a decision of the Secretary regarding child care agreement
- review a finding or determination of the Sustainability Panel
- apply for compensation for loss as a result of a decision of the Chief Health Officer.
|Application fees for||Standard||Corporate||Health Care Card|
|Review of an administrative decision||$647.40||$924.80||$159|
|Other administrative matters||$647.40||
Hearing fees do not apply if your matter is listed under Cases where fees do not apply.
Hearing fees apply from the first day if the claim is over $100,000, a non-monetary claim, a claim for an unspecified amount or a complex case.
A registrar assesses your application and advises you if the matter is considered a complex case.
|Hearing fees for||Standard||Corporate||Health Care Card|
|Day 2 - 4||$354.10||$505.80||$159|
|Day 5 - 9||$708.10||$1011.50||$159|
|Day 10 and any further days||$1062.10||$1517.30||$159|
Pay your daily hearing fee
Please pay your daily hearing fee from 4.30 pm the day before your hearing to avoid delays.
|Fees for||Standard||Corporate||Health Care Card|
|Application for costs after final orders made||$647.40||$924.80||$159|
|Application to reopen an order||$172.00||$245.70||$86|
See fees for other VCAT services including:
- issuing a summons
- inspecting a file
- copies of documents
- video conference bookings.
To find out more about the three fee payer levels (Corporate, Standard and Health Care Card) and how to provide proof of your status, see Fee categories.
For payment options, read about how to pay fees.
Our Fee relief page explains how you can apply for fees to be waived, reduced, postponed or refunded.