VCAT practice note - PNVCAT1 - Common Procedures
Effective date: 24 February 2017
- The Tribunal's purpose is to provide a fair and efficient dispute resolution service to the Victorian community. This practice note facilitates fairness and efficiency by promoting greater consistency in the way in which the Tribunal operates, and by setting appropriate performance standards for the time taken to determine applications.
- The common procedures in this practice note apply to all Tribunal proceedings in all Lists unless the Tribunal varies its operation at its discretion in the circumstances of a particular proceeding.
- This practice note should be read in conjunction with the practices and procedures set out in the Act and Rules. The practice note is also complemented by other practice notes that apply to specific topics and specific Lists.
- In any proceeding, the Tribunal may at its discretion vary the operation of a practice note by direction or order.
- This practice note has been issued by the Rules Committee pursuant to section 158 of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 1998.
- Title VCAT practice note - PNVCAT1 - Common Procedures
View or download
ListBuilding and Property ListGuardianship ListLegal Practice ListCivil Claims ListHuman Rights ListPlanning and Environment ListOwners Corporations ListResidential Tenancies ListReview and Regulation List
Superseded DocumentPNVCAT1 issued on 1 December 2016