We have separate application forms for all the types of cases we deal with.
To find the correct application form related to your matter, get started by checking our case types.
Changing your application
If you want to change your application, for example to add more information or change the amount you are claiming, you will need to write to VCAT and quote the reference number we give you when you apply. Send any documents that support why you want to make the change.
You may be allowed to change your application before the final hearing. If we accept the request we send you an order that confirms the change. We may list your request for a directions hearing to consider whether to allow the requested change.
If your case involves another party, they may tell us why we should not allow the change. If this happens we may tell you to come to a directions hearing to discuss the change.
Changing contact details
You must provide your current contact details on the application form. If your contact details change, you must notify us in writing immediately. 'In writing' can be by post or email.
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT1 - Common Procedures
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT5 - Directions Hearings and Urgent Hearings
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT2 - Expert Evidence
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT6 - Hearing Fees
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT3 - Fair Hearing Obligation
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT7 - Hearing Room Technology
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT4 - Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)