Before you apply, make sure you are ready to pay any fees that apply to your case type or arrange for fees to be waived. You may also need to take time limits into account.
You need to be clear about your reasons for taking a case to VCAT. If your matter goes to mediation , compulsory conference or a hearing , we recommend you prepare your reasons in a written statement and commence gathering your evidence as early as possible.
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT1 - Common Procedures
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT4 - Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT2 - Expert Evidence
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT5 - Directions Hearings and Urgent Hearings
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT3 - Fair Hearing Obligation
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT6 - Hearing Fees