Apply for an enforcement order under environment and resources laws

VCAT has the power to determine an application to enforce a Forestry and Carbon Management Agreement under the Climate Change Act 2017.

If the matter is about breaches or potential breaches of a land use agreement under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010, find out how to apply for an enforcement order under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010.


We can explain the application process and what the form is asking you for. Contact us to get support.

We cannot give you legal advice. This means we cannot tell you what to write in your application or recommend how to get the outcome you want.

Seek legal help if you are unsure about your options or need advice about your claim.

Make an application

You may have to pay a fee with your application. Read more about fees at VCAT and how to apply for fee relief.

If you have any difficulties with applying online, contact us on 1300 01 8228 and select 5.

Do I need a lawyer or professional representative?

You may have legal or other professional representation to appear at VCAT (such as a lawyer, town planner, relative, or some other person). In Environment and Resources cases you do not need to have VCAT's permission to be represented.

Find legal services that may be able to assist you.

    How to respond to an application you have received notice about

    If you believe your interests will be affected by an application made by another person, you can participate in the case if you received notice about it.

    To participate, you must submit a statement of grounds within the time limit stated on the notice of the application.

    Submit Statement of Grounds online

    Access and privacy

    VCAT hearings and files are usually public.

    VCAT has limited authority to restrict who can access cases and files but, in certain circumstances, you can apply for confidentiality.

    Legislation that applies to this type of case

    Organisations that may be able to help you

    VCAT can't offer you legal advice. Below are organisations that may be able to help with your case.

    Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action (DEECA)

    Information on land planning, property and land titles and land administration.

    Know Your Council

    Find your local council and understand how councils make decisions on planning permits.

    Melbourne Strategic Assessment

    The Melbourne Strategic Assessment program manages the impact of urban development on significant vegetation communities, plants and animals.