Fix a mistake in a VCAT order

If you notice a mistake in a VCAT order you can ask for a correction order.

Our power to correct a mistake is known as the slip rule. It helps us to avoid unfairness that might happen because of a simple mistake.

Mistakes covered by the slip rule may include typos, misspellings, missing information, miscalculations or inaccurate descriptions.

If you learn of a mistake in an order or decision, you must write to VCAT and the other parties in the case as soon as possible and explain why you think the order contains a mistake.

A correction is not a review

You cannot use the slip rule to apply for a change to a decision or to argue the case again. Applying for a correction order does not mean applying for a review of the case.

Learn more about how to appeal a VCAT decisionrehearings and if you miss the final hearing.