The three main areas of review for valuation and compensation matters are:
- review of valuations of land for the purposes of rates and taxes
- review of valuations of land for differential rating purposes
- disputes about compensation for acquisition of land.
We also hear other kinds of disputes for valuation and compensation matters, for example:
- review of valuations for public open space and development land, disputes about certain issues arising from tariffs or fees charged by authorities under the Water Act 1989 and disputes about compensation including claims under the Planning and Environment Act 1987
- disputes under the Heritage Act 1995, the Health Services Act 1988 or the Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act 2009 impacting Native Title.
- compensation for impact of a conservation order, for construction/operation of a pipeline or damage caused by mining.