When things change

If you miss your hearing, can’t come to VCAT or need to change or withdraw your application, find out what to do next.

If you can’t come to VCAT

Missing your date at VCAT means you won’t get the chance to have your say in the dispute, and VCAT may make a decision that affects you.

Change a hearing date (adjournment)

A change to the date of a directions hearing, mediation, compulsory conference or hearing is called an ‘adjournment’.

Change or withdraw your application

If you need to change or withdraw your application to VCAT, you must let us know in writing.

Withdraw your application – Planning disputes

Find out what to do if you want to withdraw your VCAT application in a planning dispute.