Before you apply - Owners corporation disputes
Formerly known as ‘body corporates’. Disputes about the management and use of common property and areas within subdivided land, such as apartments or units.
Find out if you're in the right place
What we can help with
- Unpaid owners corporation fees
- Owners corporation financial management and record keeping
- Owners corporation management fees, performance and management contracts
- Repairs and maintenance of lots and common property
- Neighbourhood disputes affecting service companies, company title corporations or unit owners
What are ‘owners corporation management fees, performance and management contracts’?
We can deal with cases about:
- how meetings are conducted
- disputes between the owners corporation, its manager and/or a lot owner about managers’ fees or performance, clauses in the management contract or handing over documents.
What are ‘neighbourhood disputes affecting service companies, company title corporations or unit owners’?
Anti-social behaviour and issues such as noise, residents’ conduct, use of common areas, parking, rubbish, unit repairs and maintenance, and pets.
What we can't help with
- Calculating the amount owing of owners corporation fees
- Disputes about the management of service companies or company titles corporations
- Recovery of owners corporation fees if the fee notices weren’t given following the law
- Short-stay accommodation disputes if the properties involved are not part of an owners corporation
- Short-stay accommodation disputes if the lease or licence is more than 7 days and 6 nights
Can’t see what you’re looking for?
- Disputes about fees for the management of finances or the payment of fees for services provided to unit holders by a service company – see goods and services.
- Disputes about services under a short-stay accommodation contract – see goods and services.
- Disputes about use or flow of water between properties – see unreasonable flow of water between properties.
Get help and advice before you apply
We can help you understand how to apply. We can’t give you legal advice or tell you what to write in your application. These organisations may be able to help you.