Revoke a disqualification order

Someone who has been disqualified indefinitely to work in a legal office has the right to apply to VCAT to have the order revoked.

A disqualified person must not be employed by any legal practitioner unless the Victorian Legal Services Board gives its approval.

Do I need a lawyer or professional representative?

If you are a respondent to an application for disqualification, you may be legally represented if you wish.

Find legal services that may be able to assist you.

Access and privacy

VCAT hearings and files are usually public.

VCAT has limited authority to restrict who can access cases and files but, in certain circumstances, you can apply for confidentiality.

Organisations that may be able to help you

VCAT can't offer you legal advice. Below are organisations that may be able to help with your case.

Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)

Advice on the Victorian legal system and how to find a lawyer.

Victorian Bar

You can find a barrister yourself on the Victorian Bar website.