Compensation for native title

If you have objected under section 24MD(6B)(d) of the Native Title Act 1993 to a proposed compulsory acquisition of native title rights and interests, you may be entitled to a determination and/or compensation. 

Make these applications under sections 130 of the Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act 2009. Find out more about how to make an application about Compensation on acquisition of an interest in land.


We can explain the application process and what the form is asking you for. Contact us to get support.

We cannot give you legal advice. This means we cannot tell you what to write in your application or recommend how to get the outcome you want.

Seek legal help if you are unsure about your options or need advice about your claim.

Make an application

You may have to pay a fee with your application. Read more about fees at VCAT and how to apply for fee relief.

Do I need a lawyer or professional representative?

You do not need to have legal or other professional representation to appear at VCAT.

If you would like to be represented, find out more about who can represent you.

Access and privacy

VCAT hearings and files are usually public.

VCAT has limited authority to restrict who can access cases and files but, in certain circumstances, you can apply for confidentiality.

Legislation that applies to this type of case

Organisations that may be able to help you

VCAT can't offer you legal advice. Below are organisations that may be able to help with your case.

Aboriginal Victoria

Community strengthening and engagement, cultural heritage management and protection.