Application for compensation

If a guardian or administrator causes a loss by not following the law set out in the Guardianship and Administration Act 2019, apply using this form so VCAT can determine whether the person they represented should be compensated.

If the person they represented has died, VCAT may order the guardian or administrator to compensate the person’s estate instead. Likewise, if the administrator or guardian has died, VCAT may order compensation from their estate.