VCAT Annual Report 2019-20 now available
The VCAT Annual Report 2019-20 was tabled in the Victorian Parliament and is now available.
4 February 2021
In what has been an extraordinary year, VCAT met the challenges presented by COVID-19 whilst successfully delivering major initiatives and continuing to provide access to justice to all Victorians.
Download the annual report:
Our 2019/20 highlights include:
- launching a ground-breaking online application form for consumer disputes, leading to faster and better-quality processes and applications
- a new online Guardianship Hub for creating and managing applications about guardianship, administration and related matters
- commencement of digitising the Planning and Environment Division in response to the pandemic by creating smart application forms and developing an online platform for virtual hearings
- building on our relationship with the Koori community by establishing our Koori Engagement Team, which informs our approach to encouraging Koori participation
- opening our Oakleigh venue designed to meet users’ needs by incorporating technology to support digital evidence presentation and videoconferencing.
- expanding the Fast Track Mediation and Hearing service VCAT delivers in partnership with the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria for greater regional presence.
While this was not a normal year, VCAT settled over 75,000 cases for the Victorian community by adapting and modernising our approach.