In most cases you have to pay a fee when you apply to VCAT or use some VCAT services.
Fees by case type
Look up your fees by case type:
- Renting a Home
- Guardianship and Administration
- Powers of Attorney
- Goods and Services
- Owners Corporations
- Planning and Environment
- Building and Construction
- Review and Regulation
- Retail and Commercial Leases
- Equal Opportunity
- Legal Practice
- Co-owned Land and Goods
- Land Valuation
- Unreasonable flow of water between properties
- Disability Act
- Health and Privacy
- Mental Health
- Other VCAT services
You can alternatively download a list of all VCAT fees across all case types.
There are several ways to pay fees and charges at VCAT.
You can pay hearing fees online three days before your hearing . You must pay by 4.30 pm on the day before your hearing to avoid delays.
You can pay application fees online through our online forms or our Residential Tenancies Hub
To pay any fee or charge by post:
- download and complete our credit card payment form, or
- make out a bank cheque, solicitor firm cheque or money order to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. We do not accept personal cheques.
Send your payment to:
GPO Box 5408
Melbourne VIC 3001
You can pay any fee or charge in person at our main hearing venues:
- credit cards – VISA and Mastercard only
- bank cheque, solicitor firm cheque or money order, made out to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. We do not accept personal cheques.
VCAT can refund fees if you have paid a fee more than once or if you have paid a higher fee than the fee you are required to pay. Use the Application to request a refund form.