You may be able to resolve your dispute by negotiating with the other party.
If you can resolve your dispute there may be no need to attend a hearing.
Alternative dispute resolution services at VCAT
At VCAT, we provide alternative dispute resolution services. These are confidential meetings where parties consider options to resolve their case with the help of an impartial mediator or VCAT member.
We have three types of alternative dispute resolution services:
Confirm your settlement
If you and the other party come to an agreement, we can confirm the settlement arrangement with a legally binding document called consent order.
Learn more about applying for a consent order.
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT1 - Common Procedures
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT4 - Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT2 - Expert Evidence
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT5 - Directions Hearings and Urgent Hearings
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT3 - Fair Hearing Obligation
- VCAT practice note - PNVCAT6 - Hearing Fees