Submit your Account by Administrators (ABA)

How to log in to submit your ABA, submit financial information, about passwords and fees.

When can I start an ABA?

When you receive your VCAT letter in July, use our online form to submit an ABA for the financial year. 
You need to wait until your VCAT letter arrives as it has your new Administrator Reference Number. This reference number changes every year. 
You should gather documents with financial information to help you complete the form. 

If you don't receive the letter by the end of July: 

Contact us if you are looking to lodge an ABA for the previous financial year. 

What is the due date for the ABA?

We must have your ABA and fee payment by 30 September.

Contact us if you cannot complete it by the due date.

You need to tell us your reasons for seeking a time extension. 

Email or call 1300 01 8228 (press option 2) between Monday and Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. 

What if I don't submit the ABA or pay the annual fee?

As an administrator, you are legally required to submit an ABA each year.

If we don’t receive your ABA or fee payment by 30 September, we may reassess the administration order, revoke it or appoint another administrator. 

What is the ABA annual administration fee?

If the represented person's average fortnightly gross income from all sources is $844 or more, government regulations require you to pay an administration fee each year to VCAT. 

Annual fee for Account by Administrator - $133.30

The fee is GST free.

If you represent a person with another administrator, you pay only one fee. Joint administrators must decide among themselves who will arrange for payment.

The annual fee is paid from the represented person's funds.

You can pay by:

  • Securepay – by credit card at the same time you complete the online ABA
  • BPAY – online or through phone banking
  • POST billpay – pay in person at any post outlet.

What if I can't pay the ABA annual administration fee?

We can waive or reduce the annual administration fee if the fee would cause financial hardship to the represented person. 
Apply by completing the fee waiver section in the online ABA. 
If we gave you permission to submit a paper-based ABA, complete the fee waiver section of the form. 
Include your reasons and your supporting documents. 

How do I log in to the ABA form?

First time ABA form users 
To use the online form, select ‘Create an account’. 

Enter your email address and choose a password. 
You need the VCAT Reference Number and Administrator Reference Number printed on your VCAT letter. 
Existing ABA form users 
If you’ve started completing the online form, you can retrieve your application. 
If you’ve already submitted your application and have been asked to provide more information, you can submit additional supporting documents. 
If you’ve submitted an ABA in previous years 
Enter the same login details as you used to submit an ABA in previous years. 
You need the VCAT Reference Number and Administrator Reference Number printed on the letter we sent. 
Some fields will be pre-populated based on information submitted last year. Check and update details that aren’t correct.

What if I forgot my password for the ABA form?

Select Reset my password on the login screen. 

We send you an email with a link to change your password. 

Can I save my progress on the ABA form?

Yes, you can save your progress. Complete all fields on the current screen you are on before selecting ‘Save and next’. 

You can then quit at any time and resume later. 

Make sure you complete and submit the form by 30 September. 

What is the Administrator Reference Number?

The Administrator Reference Number is a 16-digit number we assign to your ABA. You need to enter this number at the start of the ABA form.

A new Administrator Reference Number is assigned to your ABA each year.

We send you the new number in a VCAT letter in July. Make sure you enter the new number.

What if I don't have my Administrator Reference Number?

Call us on 1300 01 8228 (press option 2) Monday to Friday 9am–5pm.