36 results

Application for a declaration under environment and resources laws

VCAT has the power to make declarations or an order some environment and natural resources laws. A declaration can determine the meaning or effect of provisions in an act, notice, licence, permit or the like. A declaration or order may also be used to decide whether a decision made by the original decision-making authority is valid.

Amended plans - Planning disputes

If a permit applicant changes or amends the plans that are part of a dispute at VCAT, find out what you can do and what happens next.

Respond to an application - Planning disputes

Disputes about decisions made on the use, development and subdivision of land, including planning permits, objections to planning permits and planning schemes.

Estate Agents Act 1980

VCAT can review some decisions made by the Business Licensing Authority under the Estate Agents Act 1980.

Sex Work Act 1994 (review and inquiries)

VCAT can review certain decisions made by the Business Licensing Authority or the Secretary to the Department of Health under the Sex Work Act 1994. VCAT can also conduct inquiries into the conduct of licensed service providers or approved managers.

Short cases

Learn about how you can apply to be heard as a short case in a planning dispute at VCAT.

When VCAT starts a case – Planning disputes

Find out what happens next when you apply to have a planning dispute heard at VCAT.

Respond to an application

If an application has been made against you, the VCAT application form and the documents associated with your case describe you as the respondent.

Applications about protecting the environment

VCAT can review decisions made about licenses, permits, registrations, authorisations, notices, Better Environment Plans, financial assurances and site management orders.

Prepare your submission for the hearing – Planning disputes

Before your planning dispute is heard at VCAT, you’ll need to prepare a submission. Find out how.